This is a recipe for steak with sweet potato fries and a side salad.
Steak with sweet potato fries and side salad.
Sirloin steak with chunky sweet potato chips makes for a great supper, or post-workout meal. This version is also iron, vitamin C and fibre rich.
175g sweet potatoes (peeled and cut in to fries)
½ tbsp rapeseed oil
200g sirloin steak
25g bag mixed spinach, watercress and rocket
1 ripe tomato (cut in to wedges)
¼ cucumber, sliced
1 spring onion, chopped
100g haricot beans (drained and rinsed)
Per serving: 683kcal | 29g fat | 6g saturates | 49g carbs | 48g protein
1. Heat oven to 220c/200c fan/gas 7.
2. Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 4 minutes, then drain and return to the saucepan.
4. Pour over 1tsp of the oil and season with a little black pepper.
5. Toss until the potatoes are lightly coated.
6. Tip the potatoes on to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, turn with a spatula, and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
7. Whilst the potatoes are baking, prepare the steak by trimming off the hard fat and coat with the rest of the oil.
8. Season with 1tsp of ground black pepper.
9. Put a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, and when hot, add the steaks and cook for about 2 minutes each side, or until done to your liking.
10. Mix the salad leaves, tomato, cucumber, spring onion and beans in a bowl (can add salad dressing if you like).
11. Serve, and enjoy!